Monday, July 6, 2009

7/6/2009

OK, just to get this out of the way early, I did not ride the scheduled 100 miles this past weekend....I could only muster enough energy for 50 miles of hills along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Bottom line is that the furthest I've ridden for IMUSA is 85 miles. It will have to be enough. I am tired. Way tired. Ready to not be tired. Ready to not be worried about whether or not I'll make it in less than 17 hours. This has been so freakin hard and I am ready for the start gun, good or bad, rain or shine, cold or not. Whine.

So, there you have it! It will be an interesting day come July 26th, but I'll just keep moving foward until I cross the finish line or someone makes me stop. Yeehaw.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you're going to do just fine on the big day. Gotta listen to your body during training - which you (wisely) do.

TriGirl Kate O said...

Hey, those two loops up in Placid added up to 89 miles on my odometer, so you have biked further! I'm in the same boat, my friend! Let's paddle together and hopefully make it to shore.

Unknown said...

You've made it once, you will make it again. You are an Ironwoman. You will do this.