Monday, September 22, 2008

9/22/2008

Whew! Only 1 more long run left (well, 1 more long training run)! I think I dread the long runs more than the long bikes, but the run on Saturday was my best 20 mile ever, at least in terms of how I felt. Strange, but that 20 mile was only my 4th in my life. I was ready for it to end, but felt so much better than the hurricane 18-miler. I tried to wear the TriGirl tri top, but much to my dismay, I got chub rub from chub on chub rubbing on my right underarm. So now I am not sure if I am going to be able to wear the tri top and I was kind of looking forward to wearing pink. Oh well, if I only had svelte arms.

As MarcoDiablo said in his post, the long run had an extra yummy finish, with MyKaren getting KrispyKreme donuts and bagels for us! Yumminess! Sharon and I ran together, 2-10 mile loops, and it was over almost before we knew it! We totally rocked the run. Yesterday, we swam 2 miles--and did a negative split! Woohoo. It's really weird thinking that we only have 1 long run and 2 more long bikes before the taper begins. Weird, but kind of a relief in a way.

I've been going to the IMFL site and reviewing the photos from the last few years, mostly to get myself in tune with the swim...it does look scary.

I am at the point where I am sure I can do all three things individually, but still am uncertain about stringing them all together. Guess I'll find out!

2 comments:

TriGirl Kate O said...

This weekend we get to string 2/3 of an ironman together, and I'm sure you will rock it! I'm sorry I wasn't there to run with you and enjoy donuts afterwards--blame the overindulgent evening beforehand.

Fave said...

i have faith in you.
and look forward to watching you on ironman live.